News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Help on 1940 Town Car

Started by chileancaddy, June 17, 2007, 07:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chileancaddy

Hi, I recently bought a 1940 Sixti Special Town Car, it's not in a good condition, but still worth restoring, can anybody help me with the front roof, structure is missing and I have no idea how it would look like, Thanks a lot....

Eduardo Contreras, Chile, South America.

homeonprunehill

Quote from: chileancaddy on June 17, 2007, 07:50:07 PM
Hi, I recently bought a 1940 Sixti Special Town Car, it's not in a good condition, but still worth restoring, can anybody help me with the front roof, structure is missing and I have no idea how it would look like, Thanks a lot....

06-17-07
Chileancaddy, Let me be the first to congratlate you on obtaining the '40 60S.IF you will go to the CLC home page and on the left side of the page you will see a listing for Cadillac Data Base. Click on and when you get to the index, strole down to the photos and chose the year and keepo going down untill you see a photo of your car.HTH
Good Luck,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

chileancaddy

Thanks Jim

I have already done that, there are some interesting photos, but I'm trying to get more technical data on it, like an sketch or blueprint...

Cadcliff

Quote from: chileancaddy on June 17, 2007, 07:50:07 PM

Would pictures from a 40 V16 Town car be of any help to you. I know where BOTH of the 40 V16 Town cars are located. They might be willing to assist, if you think it might help.

Cliff Graubard 1430
Cliff Graubard
CLC #1430

1955 Cadillac Broadmoor Wagon x3
1956 Cadillac Broadmoor Wagon- One of two
1955 Eldorado- bronze
1961 Cadillac Biarritz-bucket seats
1964 CDV- Silver/Red Every option
1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
1940 and 1941 60S
1961 Cadillac Convertible
1965 Cadillac Convertible

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Hi Eduardo, I checked in my 1940 Cadillac master parts book for parts interchageabilities. It doesn't even mention town cars. Cliffs offer is a good one only to give you some ideas as to generally what they look like. The large series cars are different. My suggestions: spend lots of time & money trying to find the original parts. Look up owners of 1938 to 1941 60S ONLY town cars in the CCCA & CLC directories. Contact them for help. The members posting on this board can only provide limited help. I know Rick Zeiger has a 41 town car. He might be able to copy the parts you need for a fair price. Contact him if you just can't find the original lost parts.  Good Luck, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.