News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Eldorado Seville Acceleration Issues...Thanks!

Started by Worldview2220, June 18, 2007, 08:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worldview2220

Hello everyone! I recently acquired a 1956 Eldorado Seville, and would love to contact other owners.  My car has 85,000 miles as shown and has been sitting for over a year in heated, climate controlled storage--but it has not been driven in a long time. As I now have it on the road here in Connecticut, I'm sorting out some issues. One issue: when I start from a stopped position (at a traffic light for example), it slowly revs up and after about 10-15 seconds it "lurches" into the next gear with a hesitation then a big rumble.  After that it accelerates to highway speeds slowly. While it's smooth and drives nicely, it just seems sluggish or slow. But I've never owned a '56 Cadillac before. Should I be expected more of punch when accelerating & driving?  A more mechanically-inclined friend suggested it might be the dual carbeurators---gunked up? Or the gas lines?  Any thoughts?  Thanks so much! Tim from Connecticut

walt @23510

Your friend speaks wisely! In my opinion,a complete cleaning of the WHOLE fuel system is in order...walt...tulsa,ok