News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1997 Eldorado CD changer repair source needed

Started by Tom Hitchcock, June 28, 2007, 01:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Hitchcock

My car's original equipment Delco 12-disc, trunk-mounted, CD changer is not functioning correctly [contineous battery draw-down] and has been disconnected. The Cadillac dealer wants over $600 for a replacemnt unit [installed], but this seems a tad on the steep side and, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a repair - or replacement - source? 
Tom Hitchcock - 2212
1960 Coupe de Ville
1997 Eldorado Touring Coupe

David #19063

Tom,

I would call the local salvage yards.  If they do not have it, they can get one through their network.  Should be 1/2 the price of new or less.

David
David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours

Tom Hitchcock

Good idea!  I don't know why I didn't think of that option.  If this works in a timely manner, I'll post the outcome. 

If anyone experiences a mystery battery drawn-down, one of the first places you need to check just happens to be the CD changer...if your car is so equipped.  It's worked fine for ten years, so maybe I shouldn't been too critical?
Tom Hitchcock - 2212
1960 Coupe de Ville

Tom Hitchcock

Good News...I think.  I located a used changer through a local souce. Price: $210 but sold "as is" with purchase refunded within 30-days if it doesn't work correctly. That's a lot cheaper than the $625 the dealer asks!
Tom Hitchcock - 2212
1960 Coupe de Ville

Ross