News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

I'll take MUSCLE CARS for $200, Alex

Started by Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397, July 04, 2007, 08:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

I know that everyone is not as knowledgeable about cars as the average member of the Cadillac & Salle Club, but yesterday's Jeopardy (which may not have been the same one shown yesterday in other areas since it's syndicated) just amazed me.  The contestants were two women and one man whose ages I'd guess ranged from 35 to 50. One of the questions/answers in the MUSCLE CAR category was a video and a woman was standing next to a  Barracuda with its hood open and air cleaner cover removed.  She said "the performance of the engine of this Plymouth Barracuda is greatly increased by the six barrels of this engine component".  One of the women said "what is a piston?", the man said "what is a cylinder?", and the second woman just shrugged and shook her head. It's probable in the future that most people won't have even heard the word carburetor,but fuel injection hasn't been universal long enough for me to think that that would be the case today. Also, even though the average person might not know what a piston or cylinder looked like, I just assumed that anyone would know they were internal engine parts and would not be sitting on top of the engine block. These three people would be the dream customers for any unethical mechanic.

TJ Hopland

At least they were guessing engine parts.  Remember except for Cadillacs and a very few more recent cars, 6 piston or cylinder engines had 'greatly increased' power over the typical engine.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason