News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Sedan DeVille Front Turn Signal Bulb?

Started by Eric Falk, July 05, 2007, 09:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Falk

Okay, I tried to replace the front turn signal bulbs on my car but the socket wont hold the 1034 or 1157 bulbs.  There aren't any grooves in the socket that match the pins on the bulbs.  However there is a small plate at the edge of the socket that slides vertically and appears to hold the bulb in place.  If this is the case then it seems the bulb would need to have a shoulder of some type that the plate would slide in front of to hold it.

All my research at the local auto parts stores lists an 1157 or 1034 being the correct bulb.  Does anyone know what the proper bulb would be? 

Thanks for your time.

Jack Mcilwraith

Do you have the optional fog lights? If so, you need a #1026 or #1044 pre-focussed bulb.They have a flange with three slots.It is placed in the socket and turned to lock on the pins.

Eric Falk

Quote from: Jack Mcilwraith on July 05, 2007, 10:29:34 PM
Do you have the optional fog lights? If so, you need a #1026 or #1044 pre-focussed bulb.They have a flange with three slots.It is placed in the socket and turned to lock on the pins.

Yes, I do have fog lights.    I will try to find the bulb numbers you mentioned.  Thanks for the information.

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: Eric Falk on July 06, 2007, 01:24:18 AM

Yes, I do have fog lights.    I will try to find the bulb numbers you mentioned.  Thanks for the information.
Eric, the type 1044 is the correct one for the MY 1956. If you can find them, be careful for the installation: remove the lamp body to be able to push the 3 pins, otherwise you will ruin the bulb (own experience). They costs usually $25.00 each; at that price, you will certainly be careful.

Good luck,

Roger
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101