News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1942 Fog Light Cover Screws

Started by Jeff Baker CLC #23244, July 08, 2007, 10:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Baker CLC #23244

I am looking for six of the screws pictured. They are used to hold the fog light cover to the front fender. Original part number is 144 4873, 1/4"- 20 x 1 7/8" special hex head, baffle to front fender. Does anyone have a source for these or know of something current that I can use? 

Jeff Hansen

Jeff,

These special screws are known as "stand offs".  You will likely have to have them custom machined as I know of no place that stocks them.  Even industrial suppliers such as McMaster-Carr don't seem to have them in the size you'll need.  Given a sample, a good metal or machine shop will be able to make them for you.  A good friend had a local metal shop do just that not a month ago on his '42.

HTH,
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan