News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Message Board Contributors at the GN

Started by Johnny F #662, July 14, 2007, 02:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny F #662

How many contributors to this message board are going to be at the GN?  How about we set up a time and place to gather, so that we can get to meet the people behind the posts?  Maybe at the hospitality suite?  Or the day of the show in the flea market area?  Any thoughts?

The Tassie Devil(le)

That is one of the best suggestions I have ever heard.

Sorry I can't be there to meet everyone, but 2008 will be different.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Jeff Hansen

Name the time and the place and I'll be there!   :)

Well, as long as I'm not in the Communications Seminar on Wednesday afternoon, or the Board meeting on Friday, or tabulating on Saturday.  These Grand Nationals are too much like work.   :(

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Johnny,

Great idea. It would be nice to meet the people behind the written words......Any day time except Saturday.

Ralph
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Jeff Hansen

The meeting should hopefully be over by mid-afternoon.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

The Tassie Devil(le)

The Modified Chapter members are meeting on the Friday evening, so it doesn't leave much available time.

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

Porter

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on July 14, 2007, 10:26:08 PM
The Modified Chapter members are meeting on the Friday evening, so it doesn't leave much available time.

Appears they will be receiving their Redneck Awards Friday evening ?

Easy enough to identify the members of that chapter, just look for the Jim Bob's hat.

Porter

homeonprunehill

07-14-07
Johnny, Damn good idea, one of the best I'VE seen on this message board!
Good Luck All,JIM
P.S. Sorry, I will not be going to the GN.
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

Johnny F #662

Glad to hear the positive feedback on us meeting each other and saying hello.  So far it appears that Friday night might be the best time to schedule an informal meeting.  The only event scheduled that evening is the low country boil at 5:45, and I imagine it will be over around 8:00 - 8:30, making a 9:00-9:30 meeting time convient.  Since most will be staying at either the Marriott or a motel/hotel close by, I would suggest meeting in either the hospitality room, assuming there is one, or the hotel lobby.  Any and all suggestions will be greatly helpful.  Lets make this happen!

Big Fins

Gee Porter, We don't count. Your award ceremony wasn't even considered.  :'(

It's rough being the "Red-Headed Stepchild."  :P

Hmmmm. Let's see. How many new members from The M.C.L.C. are now full C&LC members now? At last count I do believe it was 5 new members!!   :o

Just thinking.

Fins

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: Big Fins on July 15, 2007, 03:00:32 AM

Fins

But, Johnny was only referring to "Scheduled" events.

The Modified shindig is an afterthought. ha ha.

In 2008, the Modified Chapter meeting will be a Scheduled Event.

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

Johnny F #662

Quote from: Porter on July 15, 2007, 01:10:57 AM
Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on July 14, 2007, 10:26:08 PM

Appears they will be receiving their Redneck Awards Friday evening ?

Easy enough to identify the members of that chapter, just look for the Jim Bob's hat.

Porter

Being a "Senior Citizen" and somewhat of a purist, can someone bring up to speed about the "Modified" chapter?  Am I to understand that this is a chapter that exists for individuals that choose to take a Cadillac and "modify" it to their own particular liking?

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Johnny F,

Yes, the Modified Chapter is one of the Official Chapters of the CLC, and has been in operation since 2005.

We were admitted to full Chapter Status at the 2006 Board Meeting, and have a large following of CLC Members, plus a large number of Registered Guests that are seeing the light, and gradually becoming full CLC Members.

A lot of us appreciate the stock standard, and restored Cadillacs and LaSalles, and also like doing things a little bit different.

Have a look at us at http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/index.htm  and I am sure you will fit in well with your blown hearse.

President MCLC

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1960 Cadillac CDV

Porter

Quote from: South_paw on July 15, 2007, 09:30:51 AM
Quote from: Big Fins on July 15, 2007, 03:00:32 AM

It's rough being the "Red-Headed Stepchild."  :P

Hmmmm. Let's see. How many new members from The M.C.L.C. are now full C&LC members now? At last count I do believe it was 5 new members!!   :o

Just thinking.

Fins

This is pretty funny. You're seeking respect for a "Redneck award" ceremony ::) 

Lou,

It's very funny. Wait till you see our awards with authentic Cadillac "jewelry".

Should be a great GN this year. Just humor us.

Most of us have factory correct Cadillac's for the most part.  Some of them get saved from the crusher and Modified a tad. Most guys would just part them out, like my free 67 CDV.

Like Mike Jones' free 85 Eldo I gave him with the blown HT 4100. He's building a modified 4.5L engine for it. You'll never know to look at it under the hood.

Even has a nice repaint and good leather interior.

Big Fins has a pristine black 59 SDV with some functional mechanical upgrades ( which can be seen at the GN but don't want to spoil his surprise ) and some cosmetic resto work too.

Joe Abernathy of Abernathy Restorations fame will be driving there all the way from Texas.

His ride will be the talk of the town, or the GN if you will IMHO. He cranks out some nice work and does Pebble Beach quailty resto work if you got the $$$.

Stampie will make a cameo appearance with his 60 SDV Flat Top........sweet.

"Best of all it's a Cadillac"

I just made the awards with the jewelry that was generously donated to me.

Nice work on the 56 Fleetwood, great score.

Porter  ;D

Guidematic

To meet at Savannah is a great idea, but I can't be there. Too far for me to drive.

Yes, the Modified Chapter is a great place. Lots of good technical stuff there, as well as just good interesting car stuff.

I have so far saved 2 Eldos from the crusher. The one Porter gave me, which was also a great road trip and holiday to get it, and an '88 that was destined for the scrap heap because of a non-functioning digtal dash. A $25 module scored at the local wreckers fixed that.

Johhny, that picture of the hearse apperas to have been taken at the Fleetwood Cuze-In held just outside London ON last month. It was part of the George Barris display.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

Johnny F #662

Are we in agreement that Friday Night would be the most convient day and time period for Message Board contributors to informally get together?  Nothing fancy, just a matter of setting up a time and place, such as the lobby of the hotel, or the hospitality suite.  Lets see a show of hands of all that are interested.

35-709

My wife and I will be at the GN, but right now we are signed up for the Low Country Boil on Friday evening, and then we are hoping the Modified guys will BS and hang out long enough at the Outback that we can get over and join them for awhile.

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

To all:

I'd really like to meet some of the faces behind the names.  Both myself and my wife Karen will be at the GN.  However, I have the same problem as a few others -- tied up in meetings most of the time.  Let me know what you folks decide on a meeting place.  My most open day is
Thursday.  Wednesday, Friday are meetings and Saturday of course is out.  Friday late afternoon
after the Board Meeting in the lobby might work.  I'm sure there is a place nearby where we can get some cold refreshments while we talk.

Regards, Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Johnny F #662

Quote from: Geoff Newcombe #4719 on July 15, 2007, 05:16:46 PM
My wife and I will be at the GN, but right now we are signed up for the Low Country Boil on Friday evening, and then we are hoping the Modified guys will BS and hang out long enough at the Outback that we can get over and join them for awhile.

Shouldn't be a problem as the meeting would be an informal one.

Johnny F #662

Quote from: Mike Josephic on July 15, 2007, 05:45:04 PM
To all:

I'd really like to meet some of the faces behind the names.  Both myself and my wife Karen will be at the GN.  However, I have the same problem as a few others -- tied up in meetings most of the time.  Let me know what you folks decide on a meeting place.  My most open day is
Thursday.  Wednesday, Friday are meetings and Saturday of course is out.  Friday late afternoon
after the Board Meeting in the lobby might work.  I'm sure there is a place nearby where we can get some cold refreshments while we talk.

Regards, Mike

Thats what I was also thinking.  This could be sort of a movable feast.  I will look into what is close by, but still tend to think that the lobby would be best, as Cadillac people will be in and out all day and night, and possibly we could get some new people to join our merry little group.