News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need help rechroming dashboard temperature control bezels 1957 Convertible

Started by carguyblack, July 20, 2007, 08:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

If anyone knows of a service who would rechrome the dash bezels for the vent and temperature controls for a 1957 Cadillac Biaritz Convertible that a friend is restoring, I certainly need to know. These bezels have the control arms riveted in as an assembly and they can't be separated from the bezel in order to rechrome the face and handles. Is there a company who restores the entire assembly that we can send these to? There are 2 of these on the car, one on each side of the steering column. This restoration is intended to be a 100 pointer so thanks for any help here!
Chuck Dykstra
269-343-1403
Portage, MI
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

John Morris #23947

I did a pair of these a couple years back, they had to be taken apart. I don't see any option but to disassemble the units and rechrome the housings. Also, I part 50s Caddy out only, the last couple years I've sold 2 pairs of these heater controls from dry desert cars that after Mothers Polish, they looked literally nos. These can occasionally be found on ebay but most sellers have really crappy pictures and vague descriptions. My pictures were clear as a fashion magazine so bidders knew exactly what condition. I took a chance on Ebay once and bought a pair with poor blurry faraway pictures for 25 bucks from a "desert car" and they were by chance flawless! Another time an "excellent pair" had scores of tiny pits.
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.