News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959-1960 Cadillac Underside Of Trunk Material

Started by Michael Kelley, July 24, 2007, 08:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Kelley

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can pick up the material that is found on the underside of the trunk that fits into the indentations of the trunk on the 1959-60 Cadillacs.  Some of mine is pretty shot.  Thanks, Mike

Andrew Straw 21467

Here is a lead that I have on file regading the material inside the trunk lid of my '56.  This is a waffle-pattern fiber board of sorts.  I have not yet purchased for mine, but probably will eventually.  I copied this lead from one forum or another; not sure which one, so credits and thanks to the original poster.  Perhaps this is the same material you are looking for on your '59/'60.

Andy

If you are looking for the waffle type pattern tarpaper-like cardboard you can buy it by the sheet from MK II enterprises in Riverside California, he deals in Lincoln Continental parts and restorations and has a web site, I dont have the info handy but I am sure you can find him. The match is perfect and is the same material that was unsed on the floorboards under the carpet padding. 

The phone number is 951-686-2752

Look in his online catalog for 'sound deadener'.

Michael Kelley

Hi,

Thanks for the information.  I called and ordered the material.  Markii.com is a family business.  The daughter said they sell a lot of that material, not just to Lincoln owners, but Cadillac owners as well.  They call the material "Sound Deadener"  Product HO005.  It's $65 for a sheet.  It comes in black.  It can be molded into the slots on the underside of the trunk with a heat gun.