News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac A/C Restoration

Started by RAMcGrew, July 25, 2007, 08:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAMcGrew

I am looking for information on how to reconstruct and restore the A/C unit in my 1956 Cadillac 6219.
Does anyone know how to do this?  Possibly give a ball park estimate on cost?

Thank you in advance!

Randall
Randall A. McGrew
Denver, CO 80231

1956 Cadillac 6219 Sedans  daily driver  12 - 16 mpg on reg gas

"You Can Kill a Horse but not a Cadillac! "  Old 1909 Cadillac Ad

"The voice of the majority is no proof of Justice!"  and "Against Stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain!"

J. Friedrich Christoph Von Schiller (1759-1805)

greg surfas 15634

Quote from: RAMcGrew CLC# 17693 on July 25, 2007, 08:41:41 AM
I am looking for information on how to reconstruct and restore the A/C unit in my 1956 Cadillac 6219.

Thank you in advance!

Randall

Randall,
First of all, how much of the original system is there and how much of it is functional?  It is a straight forward, honest system.  Do you have a shop manual for this system and does what you see installed actually compare favorably with what you see in the Manual? I would start at this point and get back to the forum with your findings.
Thanks Greg Surfas (actually) 15364

RAMcGrew

Quote from: greg surfas 15634 on July 25, 2007, 12:09:36 PM
Quote from: RAMcGrew CLC# 17693 on July 25, 2007, 08:41:41 AM

Thank you in advance!

Randall

Randall,
First of all, how much of the original system is there and how much of it is functional?  It is a straight forward, honest system.  Do you have a shop manual for this system and does what you see installed actually compare favorably with what you see in the Manual? I would start at this point and get back to the forum with your findings.
Thanks Greg Surfas (actually) 15364

Hi Greg,

I have a manual, and the car is complete with all of the system intact.  The pump seems to be frozen.  It is all original and from the look of it, has not been touched in 30 years.  THe car does run so we can test it.  It is in an offsite garage so it will require time to get back to you.
Everything else has been priced out to our satisfaction, and this is our only unknown. 

Thanks for responding!

Randall
Randall A. McGrew
Denver, CO 80231

"The voice of the majority is no proof of Justice!"  and "Against Stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain!"

RAMcGrew

Quote from: South_paw on July 25, 2007, 04:15:07 PM
Randall,

You may find some answers in this recent thread
http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/index.php/topic,98421.0.html

HTH,
Lou

Hey thanks, lou.   That was the clincher.  I sent the thread off to Jonathan as he will want to read through it.

Randall
Randall A. McGrew
Denver, CO 80231