News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Convertible (?) '59 or '60 Cadillac - See pictures - What is it?

Started by Fred Zwicker #23106, July 28, 2007, 10:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Zwicker #23106

???  In my travels yesterday, noticed this Cadillac Convertible (??) and am wondering what it is and why it is sitting in the second row of a transmission repair shop in Hubbard, Ohio.  From the looks of it, it needs more than transmission work.

There were other cars in a row also.  Some day when I get a chance will stop in to see what's up.  There were many others and all were lined up on Route 62, just about a mile south of the intersection of Route 62 and Interstate Route 80. 

I took other pictures (10 total) and will be glad to email them to anyone if interested. There was an older Bonneville convertible, some Chevys, Fords, Mercurys and Lincolns, a Studebaker, Nash Rambler with spare tire on trunk , T-Bird hardtop, others.   There were some others under large tarps, but I was not able to check them out at the time.   The shop owner probably wondered why I was walking around taking so many pictures.   Being short on time, could not spend the time to investigate further.  I did not see any pre-war cars, other than a 1937-1939 Ford sitting by the main door.  It was rusty and had no hood or grille, but I was able to get a picture.

Fred Zwicker
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

35-709

"In my travels yesterday, noticed this Cadillac Convertible (??) and am wondering what it is ....."

It is a '59 from all appearances, and is either a convertible or a coupe with the top cut off.  It would also be a MAJOR restoration project from the looks of it !!
:D

Start at a young age on this one and have lots of money.   ;D
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

This is the kind that's advertised.... "Ran when parked.  Needs cosmetics. Needs TLC (Thousands in Loose Cash) In family since new ( Four generations took their turn at trashing it). Mostly complete. FIRM PRICE or it goes to BARRETT- JACKSON!

Joe Manna

1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX