News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Looking for good photo of 56 Hood Emblem

Started by Eric Falk, July 30, 2007, 04:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Falk

I'm trying to restore (paint) the hood crest emblem on my car but can't find a good quality photograph to assist me in the process.  Please post one if you have it or direct me to a good place on the net.

I looked numerous places on the net and this forum before posting this thread.  I found some but the photos were too far away or of poor quality.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Johnny F #662

This might help.  The crest changed over the years but the colors stayed the same.

http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/mascotsi.htm

Eric Falk

Quote from: South_paw on July 30, 2007, 05:28:46 PM

Johhny and Southpaw,

Thanks for the assistance.  Southpaw, your photo was perfect!

Do you know if the crests on the side of the fenders had the same paint scheme as the hood or were they unpainted?

veesixteen

The fender-mounted crests on the 1956 Cadillac models were UNPAINTED, as may be seen on this example from the "Series 60 Special"  sedan of that year :

http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_ima/5660scrp.JPG

Quote from: Eric Falk on August 01, 2007, 03:21:39 AM

Johhny and Southpaw,

Do you know if the crests on the side of the fenders had the same paint scheme as the hood or were they unpainted?

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Johnny F #662

Quote from: veesixteen on August 01, 2007, 07:03:58 AM
The fender-mounted crests on the 1956 Cadillac models were UNPAINTED, as may be seen on this example from the "Series 60 Special"  sedan of that year :

http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_ima/5660scrp.JPG

Quote from: Eric Falk on August 01, 2007, 03:21:39 AM

Johhny and Southpaw,

All 1956 cars got this front fender mounted Cadillac crest.
Some models got in addition their name spelled out in script

Eric Falk

Thanks to each of you for the photos and information, it makes this restoration easier.

Sincerely,

Eric Falk