News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

fellow members and readers

Started by john whittet mem#23399, August 02, 2007, 10:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john whittet mem#23399

First and foremost i must say hi to all!! and thank you for allowing me to become a member.

i must admit i am some what daunted ,for a very few i have met have been treated as an avid cadillac

collector and biulder but for most as the the penny that sits wrong side up in the parking lot

i meen this in no disrespect of any sort but lets not forget the guy or gals that started out with nothing

but turned into some thing /i have met a few that carry there wealth as a higher than thou /sure we

would all like to have that dream cadillac and for some we make that dream come true and for some well we make the cast aways the forgotten or the

wrecks that no one wanted/ we must all take pride in the cadillac dreamer /owner /and wish i coulds , then as a club and fellow cadillac people is what makes the car the

dream and the people special and above the rest ,i sat here for over an hour not sure to write or not write ,i have asked for many thought,in the

forums ,buy,sell,tech,sometimes with out a single reply , but yet still an owner of many cadillacs , on a shoe string and a dream , because i have a passion

to let the world and other clubs see the true beauty known as  CADILLAC

i will be there for my first time ever saturday and hope to meet and make and be treated as  a clc member and friend

respectfully
john whittet
1997 catera
1947 62 4dr
1949 62 sedanette
1949 62 sedanette
1949 62 4dr
1949 62 4dr
1955 coupe deville
1958 coupe deville
owner and operator of  PREHISTORIC STEEL

resscued

John,
  I like the post! 
      For me it's not just a passion of the automobile, It's the education that comes with each build. I have yet been able to finish any of my Cadillacs, due to job changes and family obligations, but have worked on and finished many many for others. I just acquired a 56 Fleetwood and will be using this as an educational tool for my now ten year old boy to help with the project.
        I hate to see the neglected cars in the fields rotting away or in the garage loaded with boxes stacked ten high on top of them. Kids today need the experience to get their hands dirty working on these cars or it will be a lost. I don't mind how bad it looks - If it runs drive it- show the children the old spoke cars, explain the first of's about the Cadi's.
         I was VERY fortunate to meet many members of the STL chapter years ago with Art Boothe, It was Art that taught me about appreciating classics. Terry Wenger showed me it can get done! Its the cameraderie and the knowlage of the members that make great mentors, Friends..
         I have built many non Cadillac cars, but It has always been the passion/education of the Cadillac cars that inspire me the most.
                                                                                                                      Tom Luebbert
Tom Luebbert    STL
1956 Fleetwood sixty special - current
1956 Coupe DeVille - sold
1940  7219F - sold
1982  Eldo - RIP