News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

CLC Authenticity Manuals

Started by Eric Falk, August 03, 2007, 04:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Falk

I this question to the CLC office but haven't received an answer yet.  Seems their too busy to answer any of my emails or the telephone.   I'm hoping someone onthe forum will be able to assist me. (So far the forum members have been great!)

Do the Authenticity manuals contain photos and/or illustrations of the cars parts at the time of assembly?  I have a manual for my Corvette titled Assembly Instruction Manual, which illustrates the cars parts and sub-assemblies during the build process.  The manual was used by factory personnel during the assembly process.

Thanks for your time.

Eric Falk
CLC Member

Tom Hall 7485

This is a difficult time to get a quick reply because the Grand National is right around the corner. 

The contents of the Authenticity Manuals vary, depending on the class covered.  Generally, they do not contain many photos of the cars coming down the assembly line but such photos can be very useful to show original condition. 

It is not easy to get photos of Cadillacs mid-assembly, especially for the 1940s and earlier.  We normally rely on photos of low mileage original cars or shop manual illustrations.
Tom Hall, CLC Member 7485, Lifetime member since the mid-1990s.

Lars Kneller 8246

I would recommend you contact Pete Peters, our national Technical Director, who oversees the authenticity project and distributes most of the manuals.  You may contact him at fnpiii@aol.com. I agree, though that most of them do not have that level of detail, as, as far as I know, it is not available.

Terry Wenger CLC 3 1800

Eric:

I have been involved in authoring two of the Authenticity Manuals. These are not assembly manuals such as you mention and I have used for GTO's,  Cutlasses etc.These are not available from Cadillac to my knowledge. The best illustrations can be found in the Master Parts List books that were published for most years. Some of these have been reproduced from time to time and originals can often be purchased through publication  vendors.

The Authenticity Manuals are for use for judging and restoration, and concentrate more on what is correct on the original/restored car, rather than how to assemble or show restoration methods on the cars.

Terry 

Eric Falk

Thanks for the information.  It assists me in choosing the correct publications for my purpose.  It appears that the Master Parts list is the one that I need.

Thanks again! :D