News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

67 Eldorado body tag

Started by KenLang, August 03, 2007, 05:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KenLang

I recently saw another member post some of the info for their body tag on the forum.  Some of his info was similar to mine. (expected)

I'm mostly interested to see if someone can decode info for colors and trim.  The car is currently a bluish silver with a blue interior.  The previous owner tells me he thinks the car was once a burgundy color.  I do see some areas where it looks like that color existed previously.  But all the areas that would be a dead giveaway for an original color (inside the trunk lid, under the hood, door jambs) are the bluish silver color.

I'll try to attach the image of my body tag to make it easier for someone in the know to read it.

Thanks
Ken Lang

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Hi Ken, thanks for your very timely post. I have not had a reply to my reply on the other data plate question. I feel your top color is the same as his. Black. I don't have a 67 data book, but 68 black is code 2. Your original paint was blue. The part that really interests me is the dash K after your trim code. Do you see anything different about your front seat?  Heated,RH recliner,head rests, anything? I have a 68 data plate with a K, but the complete interior was gone when I found the car. Please post, thanks, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

KenLang

Bob, the one thing I did notice about the interior is that the seats are cloth with naugahyde trim.  The front seat is a full bench seat (electrically controlled) with a center fold down arm rest.  I would have expected two individual seats (even buckets) both electrically controlled.

The top currently is a very faded version of what looks to have been a very light blue.

I don't notice anything out of the ordinary relating to the dash.  It did have a cover on it so the condition is pretty good.  There are a couple of small cracks by each of the front speakers but I think that is pretty normal.  Thanks  Ken

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: KenLang on August 03, 2007, 10:41:51 PM
Bob, the one thing I did notice about the interior is that the seats are cloth with naugahyde trim.  The front seat is a full bench seat (electrically controlled) with a center fold down arm rest.  I would have expected two individual seats (even buckets) both electrically controlled.

The top currently is a very faded version of what looks to have been a very light blue.

I don't notice anything out of the ordinary relating to the dash.  It did have a cover on it so the condition is pretty good.  There are a couple of small cracks by each of the front speakers but I think that is pretty normal.  Thanks  Ken
Hi Ken, I'm at a disadvantage because I don't have the 67 Data book. I suspected your car had cloth seats. What I meant about a dash was a - after your trim code with a K after it, not the dash of the car. Did you check for some of the seat features I mentioned?  Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

KenLang

Well, DUH... don't I just feel like Kelly Bundy. ???

I'll be working on the car tomorrow and will give the front seat a better inspection to see if there is something special about it.

Thx  Ken

Warren Rauch

I'll just confrim that paint  code 24 is Marina Blue (lower body) and code 62 or 2 is a Black padded roof (upper body). The trim code 426 is Dark Blue Darien (cloth) with dark Blue (coated Fabric) The "K"  position  is listed in the Fisher Body book as seat type.  There is no explanation as to how to ID this code.   A  "B" in this position is bucket seats.  Codes "F","G", &"M"  letter codes are changes in upholstery , I have had no luck finding "K". Warren

KenLang

Bob,  After checking the front seat carefully here's what I've got.  The passenger seat does recline and both seats did come with headrests (which are currently missing)  There is also an ashtray with lighter on the back side of the fold-down center armrest.  This may have been standard, I don't know.  I find nothing to support heated seats. (no wires or switches)

Now I guess I need to go on a search for the original head rests.

Ken