News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Lasalle front suspension

Started by Ben Medlock, August 03, 2007, 05:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Medlock

I'm trying to figure out where a couple pieces go on the front suspension on my 1940 5019 Lasalle I'm rebuilding. I 've got it all back together but have left over 2 special washers with the edges angled up and 2 locking type nuts of the same size (3/8). Also, 2 rubber sleeves. Does anyone have a parts drawing for the front suspension they'd be willing to send me? Thanks in advance.

Bill Ingler #7799

Sounds like you have some parts left over from connecting the front stabilizer cross member which goes across and connects the left and right A arms. I will email you my page from the parts book.

Ben Medlock

Bill,
That would be great to see a picture. Thanks

Fred Zwicker #23106

Here is a photo taken just yesterday that shows the front end in close detail on my '39 LaSalle convertible in process.  I feel that the 1939 and 1940 are about the same.  There is a long metal round sway bar that attaches on each side with what is probably what you are describing.  You can buy the complete set from Cooper's for around $25 or so.

Fred Zwicker
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com