News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 Coupe Seat belts

Started by ronw, August 05, 2007, 08:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronw

Hi from Australia

I am trying to fit seat belts into my '59 coupe. I have bought the airplane-style belts from Caddy Daddy and I thought there would be spots marked in the floors to show the drilling locations - but I can't find them. Can anyone help with hole locations? I know there is an index item in the Cadillac Serviceman from 1959 called "Seat Belt Mounting Bolt, Dimples show location". It's on page 73 - which I don't have. If anyone can send me a scan of this page - that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ron Wilson
Ron in Sydney, Australia
1959 Series 62 Coupe
1970 Eldorado

Stampie

I just checked the scans on the Modified Chapter site ( http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/documents/ ) and we don't have that one yet.  Hopefully it will be sent in soon.

Stampie
If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.  ~Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobediance, 1849

If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.  ~Louis D. Brandeis

ronw

Thanks Stampie, I checked there too. That's a fantastic resource you are building! Keep it up.
Ron Wilson
Ron in Sydney, Australia
1959 Series 62 Coupe
1970 Eldorado

Warren Rauch

The reference you make to the Serviceman is a poor sketch. In the reading is says that the dimples were started at serial approximate 2000. The coupe  dimples for the rear seat are on the more or less vertical panel in front of the rear axle. The front ,all bodies,are  at the front of the rear floor pan ,just before it joins the front floor pan. There should be 6  in each set. I could send  a photocopy of the page, but to Australia that would be weeks. Warren

ronw

Warren,
Thanks very much for your help. I will go and have a look based on your information. Please don't worry about the photocopy - I think the international postage is too much to ask. Regards, Ron Wilson
Ron in Sydney, Australia
1959 Series 62 Coupe
1970 Eldorado

35-709

How about scanning the page and sending it via email?   
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2