News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

New girl with a 1942 Cadillac - Model 7523

Started by Lisa, August 06, 2007, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa

Hello - I am new to this site , I am  looking for some info about my car -
A 1942 Cadillac =  Model 7523 . 
I bought this car in 1990 and I think it is time I start working on it. It is
in pretty good shape - My husband had it started and drove it a few block when
we first brought it home . Can't wait until it is done and on the road .
  Thanks for reading my post .....

Lisa

Fred Zwicker #23106

1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

Lisa

I am trying to figure out how to post some pics on here ---
sorry - this is all new to me ....

Johnny F #662

Quote from: Lisa on August 06, 2007, 10:05:46 PM
  I am trying to figure out how to post some pics on here ---
sorry - this is all new to me ....

If you have a picture of your car in your documents, click on "browse" at the bottom of this page, then find the picture then click on "open" and that should do it.

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

First of all, Johnny was just teasing... Second, we would like you and your husband to join the Club. And third, the webmaster has an absolutely PERFECT 1942 Cadillac if you need questions answered. He had it at our Grand National Meet last week and it is gorgeous. I have belonged to the Club since 1964 and have enjoyed meeting countless friends from all over the world. The quickest way to meet members is to find out if you live near a CLC region, then find out when they are having an activity. Again, welcome to the world of Cadillac.

Tod - North TX CLC

Hi Lisa -

Congratulations on dusting off the 1942.  I too own a 1942 Limo (Series 67) that I have been slowly acquiring parts for over the past several years - just waiting for the time to get down to the fun of working on it.

Please do join the club - you will find invaluable information about your car and the restoration of it within the Self-Starter and thru the knowledge of many of the members.  The flathead engine was in production for many years, so there is lots of information about maintenance and repair of this sturdy engine available.

The series 75 is a beautiful car, and the body style that you have was carried over for several years.  Although the 42 model year was abbreviated, you will find that many parts are readily available, and in addition to Jeff, there are several other members that own this series within the club.

Please keep us posted with updates -

Tod

homeonprunehill

08-07-07
LISA, Welcome to the CLC.
Some of us have La Salles which were made by Cadillac  Motor Car Company. We can't afford to drive Cadillacs.
Good, Welcome To The Club, Luck,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

veesixteen

Hi Lisa,

I see you took my advice and contacted the CLC, via the Forum.  Now, all that's left for you to do is to JOIN US !

As a former owner of a 1942 Cadillac "Series 75", style 7519F (one of only 65 built), I can attest to the fact that these are great cars, as are also their sister cars from 1936 through 1941, all powered by one of the most reliable V8 engines ever made by the American firm with the French name.

They also are relatively rare, considering that production was stopped in February of 1942 so that Cadillac could devote the bulk of its production facilities to helping win the war in Europe and the Pacific.

Quote from: Lisa on August 06, 2007, 09:27:52 PM
   Hello - I am new to this site , I am  looking for some info about my car -
A 1942 Cadillac =  Model 7523 . 
I bought this car in 1990 and I think it is time I start working on it. It is
in pretty good shape - My husband had it started and drove it a few block when
we first brought it home . Can't wait until it is done and on the road .
  Thanks for reading my post .....

Lisa
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

David #19063

David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours

Scott Harris CLC 23020

Welcome Lisa.....Enjoy the Car, will be awesome when complete.

Scott C. Harris
CLC 23020
55 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
75 Cadillac Eldorado
97 Cadillac STS
02 Cadillac Escalade

Bill Hamilton, CLC#16219

Hi Lisa,

I also have a 1942 7523 7P Sedan. Would be glad to attempt to answer your questions.

Bill Hamilton