News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Name of Club.

Started by Barry M. Wheeler #2189, August 07, 2007, 08:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

In the interest of "simplicity," didn't I see somewhere when we changed the name of the Club, to leave the initials. simply CLC without the ampersand?

Johnny F #662

Quote from: Barry M. Wheeler #2189 on August 07, 2007, 08:21:19 AM
In the interest of "simplicity," didn't I see somewhere when we changed the name of the Club, to leave the initials. simply CLC without the ampersand?

Barry, not sure what you mean.  I remember the club did change the name to show that LaSalles were a separate car, and not a Cadillac model.  Is it still acceptable to use CLC as an abbreviation for the club?

Jeff Hansen

Barry,

You are correct.  Even though we changed the name to Cadillac & LaSalle Club, we decided to stay with CLC as the abbreviation.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Johnny F #662

Quote from: South_paw on August 07, 2007, 12:58:05 PM
With the amount of Allantes at the GN we should consider changing the name to the Cadillac,LaSalle & Allante club ;D ;D ;D

I counted 7, really quite impressive, and them Allante people are passionate about their cars. In speaking to a couple of the owners, I got great insight to the car.  I have always liked the Allante and felt that it would have more successful had Cadillac promoted it better.

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

With the amount of Allantes at the GN we should consider changing the name to the Cadillac,LaSalle & Allante club ;D ;D ;D
I like Allantes, too, but they were not a separate make like La Salle; they were definitely Cadillacs, though, and are always welcome in the CLC.  

Johnny F #662

Quote from: Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397 on August 07, 2007, 04:32:44 PM
I like Allantes, too, but they were not a separate make like La Salle; they were definitely Cadillacs, though, and are always welcome in the CLC.  

Rusty,

I would imagine that we all knew that and that South Paw was just being facetious.   Of course there already is an Allante Club.  I often wonder why the CLC decided to include the LaSalle car in the title of the club.  The Buick Club of American doesn't include McLaughlin in its club name, but then again the Pontiac Club does include Oakland in its club's name.

Johnny F #662

Quote from: South_paw on August 07, 2007, 06:39:41 PM
Yep, I was just kiddin :)

There was 20 Allantes registered for the show. I counted ten in the garage area alone. A loyal following indeed :)

Lou

How did you like the one with the matching trailer?  Pretty creative if you ask me   ;D

Johnny F #662

Quote from: South_paw on August 07, 2007, 08:43:16 PM
You mean this one :D

Yep thats the one............modification at its best!

The Tassie Devil(le)

I took these pictures of it in '02 at the Dearborn GN.

Not sure if you would call it modified, but more of a resurection of a badly damaged car into a useful item.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon