News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'46 Conv Cpe door panels

Started by John Polychron, August 08, 2007, 02:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Polychron

I am in the process of dismantleing my '46 Conv Cpe getting it ready for a re-paint.  I can not figure out how to remove the inside door panel door and window handles. I assume the handles are held in place with pins but they are not visible.  HELP!   John Polychron 22120
'41 Cadillac Conv Cpe
'46 Cadillac Conv Cpe

Don Boshara #594

If you push in the panel by the handle or crank, you’ll see there is a horseshoe shaped spring clip that must be removed. There is a special pliers to remove the clip or you can get it off with a thin screwdriver in which case the spring will fly across the garage and you’ll probably never find it. You might try NAPA for the pliers, they’re inexpensive if they are still available.
1940 Sixty Special
1966 Mustang Cpe

Bill Ingler #7799

Here are a couple of pictures to go along with what Don said on the tool and clip

John Polychron

Thanks everyone.  I cannot push in the panel since the section
where the handles are located is made of steel.  This is a
conv cpe.  Any other ideas?
'41 Cadillac Conv Cpe
'46 Cadillac Conv Cpe

Bill Ingler #7799

Push in on the inner ring of the collar that goes around the handle end. This collar is made up of 2 rings , the inner ring has a spring under it so that when you push in it allows space so you came work the removal pliers around the handle end to remove the holding clip. Both the vent handle and the door handle use the same type collar.I have a 47 convert so if you have more questions please email me.