News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

How Do You Fix ?????

Started by Doug Smith, August 13, 2007, 12:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Smith

I am having a hell of a time keeping my sun visors up and from keep from falling down....there on my 61 Cadi and its driving me crazy. Any ideas or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. ;D
D. Smith

Johnny F #662

Quote from: thug23 on August 13, 2007, 12:27:56 AM
I am having a hell of a time keeping my sun visors up and from keep from falling down....there on my 61 Cadi and its driving me crazy. Any ideas or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. ;D

I think I once heard that the tips of bungee cords would do the job.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Isn't there an "Adjusting or Tensioning" screw where the Visor attaches to the pivot?

I had a problem with another brand and I knurled the shaft to build it up a fraction, and in another instance, I increased the diameter of the shaft with Bronze, and then machined it down to the required diameter.   Silver Solder will do if you don't want to get the part too hot.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Doug Smith

Can you explain the 'tips of a bungee cord" to me?  How would I do this ??? ???
D. Smith

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: thug23 on August 13, 2007, 03:35:37 AM
Can you explain the 'tips of a bungee cord" to me?  How would I do this ??? ???

G'day Doug,

I think Johnny was referring to using the little plastic tips that protect the end of the hooks on Bungee Cords to stop scratching.

Take one off the end, and slip it over the inner end of the visor end where it hooks up to the catch on the Interior Rear Vision Mirror, to act as a "friction" holder.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Doug Smith

D. Smith

Stampie

A set of vacume caps at your local NAPA store will work also.  Gives you a variety of sizes.

Stampie
If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.  ~Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobediance, 1849

If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.  ~Louis D. Brandeis