News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Did anyone notice...

Started by quadfins, August 15, 2007, 01:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quadfins

...how many Cadillacs were to be seen in the movie "Hairspray"? I was pleased to see all of the '61 and '62's, and a great profile of a '57. There was also a good shot of the tail of a '63, and probably many others that I missed. It would be interesting to do an official count.
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Johnny F #662

Quote from: quadfins on August 15, 2007, 01:07:24 PM
...how many Cadillacs were to be seen in the movie "Hairspray"? I was pleased to see all of the '61 and '62's, and a great profile of a '57. There was also a good shot of the tail of a '63, and probably many others that I missed. It would be interesting to do an official count.

Check out the Tin Men, for a film loaded with late 50's and early 60's Cadillacs.  The opening scene in the dealer showroom is classic.  A must see for anyone that hates the car buying experience and the hoops some salesmen put you through.

veesixteen

Any enthusiasts out there who want to know what Cadillacs were featured in what films would do well to visit this web site:
     http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?make=Cadillac&model=
Also, in the Club's "Cadillac Database", there's a section on "Cadillacs in the Movies"; it's not as complete as the IMCDB site.
http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/Cad_flm2.htm

Quote from: Johnny F #662 on August 15, 2007, 02:12:40 PM
Quote from: quadfins on August 15, 2007, 01:07:24 PM

Check out the Tin Men, for a film loaded with late 50's and early 60's Cadillacs.  The opening scene in the dealer showroom is classic.  A must see for anyone that hates the car buying experience and the hoops some salesmen put you through.

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"