News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1963 Series 62 Convertable

Started by Baza, August 24, 2007, 05:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baza

Hi Guys
Can anyone help one with a few point with respect to my latest purchase please. As I said I have recently purchased a 1963 Series 62 Caddy Convertable, the car came with a plastic/leather hood cover, however it is in need of some repair as the small tape that holds a rubber cylinder (the whole of which slots into a channel on the top rear edge of the back seat, has almost disappeared. :(

1 Can I get a template of some sort to enable a authentic repair to be carried out, or does anyone know where I can get a replacement? And are Parade covers available?

2. The car has recently had a brand new hood motor fitted but obviously not used much since installation.  Now I've aquired the car and the weather has been qujite good recently I put the top down and up several times. However, the more it was used I noticed the slower and more difficult it became to operate.  Having looked at the two pipes coming from the motor I noticed one in particular has loads of air in it, I therefore presume its this air that;s causing the problem.  So, my next question is how fo I bleed the system and where and what type of hydraulic oil do I use to replenish?  :(
3.Finally, can you tell me what fixes in place over the convertable top well ( for want of a better name) when the roof is in the up or closed position, so that the motor and any contents of the trunk are hidden.

Sorry so many questions, but the vehicle is new to me and I would like it to be a near perfect as a 44 year old vehicle can be.

Many thanks
Barry (memb 22329_  Please also note I am in the UK. :)
Barry Ashdown

Jack Miller

Quote from: Baza on August 24, 2007, 05:40:53 AM
Hi Guys
Can anyone help one with a few point with respect to my latest purchase please. As I said I have recently purchased a 1963 Series 62 Caddy Convertable, the car came with a plastic/leather hood cover, however it is in need of some repair as the small tape that holds a rubber cylinder (the whole of which slots into a channel on the top rear edge of the back seat, has almost disappeared. :(

1 Can I get a template of some sort to enable a authentic repair to be carried out, or does anyone know where I can get a replacement? And are Parade covers available?

2. The car has recently had a brand new hood motor fitted but obviously not used much since installation.  Now I've aquired the car and the weather has been qujite good recently I put the top down and up several times. However, the more it was used I noticed the slower and more difficult it became to operate.  Having looked at the two pipes coming from the motor I noticed one in particular has loads of air in it, I therefore presume its this air that;s causing the problem.  So, my next question is how fo I bleed the system and where and what type of hydraulic oil do I use to replenish?  :(
3.Finally, can you tell me what fixes in place over the convertable top well ( for want of a better name) when the roof is in the up or closed position, so that the motor and any contents of the trunk are hidden.

Sorry so many questions, but the vehicle is new to me and I would like it to be a near perfect as a 44 year old vehicle can be.

Many thanks
Barry (memb 22329_  Please also note I am in the UK. :)

Barry,

I e-mailed you how to bleed the system and an attachment in case one didn't open.
Please let me know if you get it.

Cheers
Jack
Jack M.