News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Unable to locate 2002 SLS Headlamp

Started by Rich S, August 25, 2007, 10:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich S

Here is an interesting article that details the difficulty finding parts for a recent model year Cadillac--the owner's 2002 SLS (Seville):

http://www.cleveland.com/news/index.ssf/2007/08/limitedproduction_cars_can_be.html

Simply amazing! It looks as though they predict such scenarios will be more and more likely with the late model cars!
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Johnny F #662

Quote from: Rich S on August 25, 2007, 10:39:58 AM

Simply amazing! It looks as though they predict such scenarios will be more and more likely with the late model cars!

I don't think it will come to that.  Keep in mind that the problem with the SLS headlight, is two fold, first of all the company that made them went out of business, and that the SLS is what is considered a low volume production car.  I don't think the same problem would exist for someone that has a Chevy pickup truck.

On a positive note, it appears that SLS owners are less prone to get into major accidents as none were available in salvage yards.

David #19063

Hmmm...time to buy these when you see them at the salvage yards and resell them on ebay!

Last year, I bought a headlight assembly w/cornering light for my '96 Concours and it was only $100 for a local salvage yard.
David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours

Derek J. Sherwood

He must not have known about car-part.com.

I find almost everything there.

Derek

Matt CLC# 18621

Still no 1998-2004 SLS or STS headlight assembly available as of December 13, 2007.  Amazingly, Cadillac's response is that one has to prepay, get a SPAC # (GM internal tracking) and get in line once they find a manufacturer.

Matt
CLC #18621

Matt CLC#18621

Still no 1998-2004 SLS or STS headlight assembly available as of 12.15.08. 

Matt
CLC #18621

harvey b

Hello Matt, have you tried e-bay,i found 1 left and 1 right just by typing in SLS Headlight,the buy it now is 310.00 each? anything and i mean anything is available on e-bay.not sure if this is any good for you but they are available out there.  thanks Harvey Bowness
Harvey Bowness

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Matt,

I really feel for you, and everybody else that is in the same situation.

Eventually, I am sure that there will be many vehicles being written-off by the Insurance Companies, simply because the parts aren't available to restore the damaged areas back to what they were like prior to the need to claim on the said insurance.

What this will do is no vehicle will be started to be repaired until the Repairer has ALL the needed parts in hand, and that will lead to higher Insurance Premiums as the cost of these claims increase.

Then the Insurance Industry will pressure the Car Makers into not making such "Low Production Runs", or simply won't Insure them, which is very similar as to what happened at the demise of the Muscle Cars, back in the early '70's.

Bruce. >:D

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Matt CLC#18621

Thanks, I checked last night and didn't come up with any.  HIDs come up but that requires rewiring.  I requested input and I'll let you know it turns out.

Thanks,

Matt
CLC# 18621

Quote from: harvey b on February 17, 2008, 05:16:54 AM
Hello Matt, have you tried e-bay,i found 1 left and 1 right just by typing in SLS Headlight,the buy it now is 310.00 each? anything and i mean anything is available on e-bay.not sure if this is any good for you but they are available out there.  thanks Harvey Bowness