News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1940 Wing vents

Started by Suzuki Joe, August 29, 2007, 12:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suzuki Joe

howdy!

I have a couple of questions surrounding the wing vent windows for a 1940 Series 72.  Right now they are in the chrome shop to be polished/plated, but this is a complicated assembly with parts of this assembly being stainless, and parts are diecast:

1) several of the parts are rivited.  How do we go about seperating them, polishing/plating, then reattaching?
2) there is alot of rubber around the perimeter and it looks like it was vulcanized to the frame.  What do I do with this?  I can't tell if Steele Rubber has this piece, or does it have to be sent out to be revulcanized.

Any and all thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Joe Bento
1940 Cadillac Series 72
Antoinette Blue (or a close resemblence thereof)
Style: 7223

Bill Hamilton, CLC#16219

Joe,

Steele has both the main seal and division post seal for you car. About $140 for both windows. Neither is vulcanized to the door frame or divider post. The main seal is a pressed in fit. The divider seal requires removal of the main window run channel from the divider post to remove and install. I replaced all this on my 42 75 series car. If you have a 40's body manual it will show how to disassemble the frame from the actuator.

Bill Hamilton

Don Boshara #594

The upper pivot pin can be reattached with stainless or chrome plated brass flat head rivets which a good hardware store should have, and the lower one with pop rivets.
1940 Sixty Special
1966 Mustang Cpe