News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

70 deville motor mount

Started by bill henry, August 30, 2007, 01:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill henry

can anyone give me a procedure or some advice on how to replace the left motor mount in my 70 deville thanks     bill
Bill Henry

Stampie

When I pulled mine it wasn't anything unusual that I remember.  Just unbolt it, jack the engine up, and put in the new one.

Stampie
If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.  ~Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobediance, 1849

If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.  ~Louis D. Brandeis

greg surfas 15634

Quote from: bill henry on August 30, 2007, 01:17:35 AM
can anyone give me a procedure or some advice on how to replace the left motor mount in my 70 deville thanks     bill

Bill,
There are three bolts on the motor mounts.  Two upper bolts go through cast in holes in the side of the block, and the lower bolt is at the bottom of the mount itself, where it sits on and is attached to the frame.  The left (driver's) side is easy.  Using a socket, go through the hole in the bottom of the frame crossmenmber.  Take off the nut and lock washer from both mounts, carefully.  If you let the nut or washers drop into the frame itself, you may not be able to get them out.  Go over to the right side and remove the bottom nut so that you will be able to raise the motor.   After taking off the lower nut, and by using a jack under a solid, unbraekable part of the engine to raise it up just enough to take the weight off the mountn (be sure and use safety stands under the car) you can remove the two smaller bolts and work motor mount loose. 
Obviously installation is just going backwards.

bill henry

thank you very much i never saw one that the upper bolt went in sideways like that
Bill Henry