News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1938 LaSalle restoration

Started by emonce, September 01, 2007, 12:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emonce

Hello, I am new to the club and I appreciate all of the information present here. I have just purchased a 1938 LaSalle opera coupe. It is complete, but in need of a total resporation. I will do most of the work myself. It will be a driver, not a show car. I have it apart and am in the process of looking for the things I need to make it presentable once again.  If anyone could help with locating the following items, it would be greatly appreciated - all weatherstripping and rubber body parts, running boards (if I can't find them, I will do without), dash trim (in particular, the piece in the center), and wiring harness. That's it so far. Thank you in advance for considering this message. I'll include photos as the project progresses further. Eric
Eric

CADDY38

STEELE RUBBER AS MOST OF THE RUBBER YOU NEED ,AS FOR CENTER GRILL SOMEBODY WAS MAKING REPRODUCTION AND WAS ADVERTISED IN HEMMING OTOR MAGAZINE . IF YOU LOOK IN OLD ISSUE YOU MIGNT BE ABLE TO FIND HIM
YVON ST-LOUIS CLC # 110001

C.R. Patton II #23147

Welcome! We are very happy to have you as a new member. We are OVERJOYED that you are restoring a LaSalle! There are some essential items that you need to acquire to insure a successful mission. You need to obtain an authenticity manual and the LaSalle Cadillac's Companion Car book by going to www.cadillaclasalleclub.org. These texts are the guides to your project. Matt Larson Matt@thelarsons.biz is the guru for your journey. Jack Holtz, jackscaddy@aol.com  is the president of the LaSalle Appreciation Society the networking source for members of the same ilk. Fred Zwicker, fznz@comcast.net is mapmaker for vehicle restorations. The compass for your automobile will be John Bertolone, johnlasalle@comcast.net who sleeps after seeing LaSalles in his sleep. The entire organization encourages and supports you while we look forward to meeting you at the next Grand National in Columbus, Ohio. I'm available to assist you with any question you have.