News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

will a 68-69 472 and turbo 400 fit in my 78 CDV? Need a reply ASAP

Started by K. Diaz, September 13, 2007, 10:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K. Diaz

I really just need the trans, but the engine would be a bonus.  Will both drop in?

Stampie

The tailshaft on the trans will be the long version on the early trans while the later trans will have the short tailshaft.  They can be interchanged but you have to take the whole trans apart to do so.  Engine is pretty much a bolt in.  Late manifolds have clearance for a bolt on the A arm.  Either grind down the bolt or use the late manifolds.  I think that's about it.  O yea you may have to use the pan from the late engine.

Stampie
If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.  ~Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobediance, 1849

If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.  ~Louis D. Brandeis