News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Source for carburetor re-build kits

Started by Gergstuff, September 19, 2007, 02:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gergstuff

Can anyone recommend a source or sources for carburetor re-build kits?  In this instance I will need one for the carburetor topping my '37 LaSalle.  I have not determined the make or model (yet), not sure how may different kinds were used.

Thank you,

Craig
Craig

Mark

Craig

You don't indicate which model you have.  It appears that a 37 LaSalle could have either a Carter WDO 374S or a Stromberg AA-25 A17801. Do you need the rebuild & adjustment specs also?

You may want to try thecarburetorshop.com for a rebuild kit. 

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Reguild kits can be purchased through Kanter Auto Products, Boonton, NJ.
They have a website an are a reliable supplier whom I have dealt with.
Number is 800-526-1096.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Mark

Quote from: Mike Josephic on September 20, 2007, 12:01:36 AM
Reguild kits can be purchased through Kanter Auto Products, Boonton, NJ.
They have a website an are a reliable supplier whom I have dealt with.
Number is 800-526-1096.

Mike

With Kanter's "complete kits" its a very good idea to confirm what exactly is included so you aren't surprised later.

Dave Leger CLC #19256

I know John Washburn will chime in if he reads this, but he always recommends The Carburetor Shop http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/   They claim to have repair kits for 99.9% of cars back to 1925 , and quite a few earlier than that.

Dave Leger     1947 6207 Club Coupe

John Washburn

Craig,

The 37 LaSalle should have a Stromberg AA25, but usually don't.

You need to determine the make of Carburetor (Stromberg or Carter) then we can help you determine the carburetor model.

As Mr Leger says, I recommend kits from ther Carburetor Shop. They provide more of the internal parts than other kits.

John Washburn
CLC #1067

Gergstuff

Found the time to check last night, and it had a Carter WD-O on it.  I did not see any other numbers or letters clearly visable.  I will search the sources indicated for a re-build kit.

Thanks,

Craig
Craig