News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Gulide taillight number ID

Started by Virgil Perkins #19943, September 20, 2007, 09:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgil Perkins #19943

Greetings All,   I need to ID a nos Guide tail light. It is supposed to be a Cadillac application, but it looks more like a 1953 Chevrolet to me. My books don't go past 1951 and I was unable to locate the number, which is Guide 897706. Can anyone advise me what corresponds with this number?  THANKS IN ADVANCE. VP

Warren Rauch

Why would you question if its Cadillac? Of course it is. The guide numbers are often the same as the GM numbers ,and inthis case it is true. This is a back-up lens for 1955-56 Eldorado.Warren

Virgil Perkins #19943

Quote from: Warren Rauch on September 22, 2007, 08:54:56 AM
  Why would you question if its Cadillac? Of course it is. The guide numbers are often the same as the GM numbers ,and inthis case it is true. This is a back-up lens for 1955-56 Eldorado.Warren
Why would you question someone seeking information that he did not have? OUR THANKS, never the less, as one "Cadillac man" (not me) thought it was for a '54 Buick and I thought it miight be a '53 Chev. That is why the question. Also, thlis number is in a totally RED lens.

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: Warren Rauch on September 22, 2007, 08:54:56 AM
Are you sure Warren? The number 897706 is for the complete back-up lamp, not the lens alone. Lenses at Cadillac beginns with a "5"; therefore it cannot be a Cadillac lens...
Maybe a picture would help.

More than 20 years ago, I bought a box full of lenses. They were for GM US cars, but no one could tell for which make and year. I bought some books and could with that method identify almost each lens. I still have the books, all lens have been sold....

Roger
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Warren Rauch

Roger you are right.I looked up the light ,but goofed on the reply .The lens number is 5945964, the light number is 897706.Warren