News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

i wont be able to make hershey this year??

Started by harvey b, September 30, 2007, 02:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvey b

unfortunately this year i wont be able to go to hershey,as yesterday,sept 29th i  spent my hershey money on a 1938 cadillac V16 limo,the car`is 100% unmolested, it has been stored in a garage for the last 20+ years,is in remarkable shape,does need total restoration,but is very solid and complete,will post pics when it gets home on wednesday.is a style #9033,planning to get it running and drive as is?,will fix brakes and what ever`to drive as original. thanks Harvey Bowness
Harvey Bowness

Terry Wenger CLC #1800

Harvey:

Congratulations on buying your V16. It is worth missing a year of Hershey for!

I keep a record of all the '38-'40 V-16's. If you don't mind please send me you car serial number and your address etc.

There is also a good Authenticity Manual the CLC has that was put together by Brad Ipsen and myself. Each of us has  completely restored one of these cars.

Terry Wenger

harvey b

hello all, well i finally got the old girl home,is as good as i had hoped,motor turns over,isnt stuck.brakes have pedal?,front interior will clean up pretty nice,rear interior is shot,had some rodents living in the back,didnt destroy it completly but ate some good holes in the headliner and seat.came with 4 brand new wide whites,4 extra hubcaps,a pair of period correct fog lights,4 new hubcap medallions, even has the original jack in the trunk.am going to drain fluids and try to get it to fire up,am planning to drive as-is next summer before doing a resto.paint is a good 20 foot paint job.will have lots of questions over the winter ;D  thanks Harvey
Harvey Bowness

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Harvey,

Congratulations on your fine purchase.

Always knew there was a reason for missing out on something like Hershey.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Joe Manna

Hi Harvey,Your 38 looks real nice.Looks like the paint will clean up to a nice shine.Rear interior should'nt be a major project to re-do.Lots of luck with it!!!!!!.Joe Manna-Raritan River Region(NJ)
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX