News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Help! Am I Crazy Or Not

Started by Dennis DiNorcia #19071, October 02, 2007, 10:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis DiNorcia #19071

I have a 1989 Sedan DeVille that I am trying to replicate into a Fleetwood. I have installed skirts, rear reading lamps, and rear vanity mirror console. I could be crazy, but I thought I remember seeing a model of Fleetwood called the Fleetwood Sixty Special on eBay a while back. In the rear seat center was an opening arm rest compartment with cup holders like the one I have in the front seat. I haven't seen one since then and was wondering if this really was a manufactured model or not. Could the arm rest have been mocked-up from a front unit? I have tried to use other arm rests but either thay are too wide or I cannot find a way to properly mount them. Anyone out there ever seen this before. Thanks for your help.

Warren Rauch

Your not crazy,but the feature is not exacty as you remember. The 1989 merchandising book lists for the Fleetwood 60's (model 6CS69) , rear seat center armrest compartment, raised rear package shelf with storage compartment and front seatback map pockets. - provide additional storage space for a neater , more comforable and attractive rear compartment. The fleetwood Sedan (model 6CB69) does not have the center armrest feature listed. And there is no mention of cup holders in the rear ,only in the front. Warren