News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

63 Cadillac Camber Eccentrics

Started by dadscad, October 04, 2007, 05:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dadscad

I'm in the process of replacing the upper ball joints in my 63 CDV. I bought new Camber eccentrics to go along with the new ball joints but have run into a quandry. The new eccentrics have the hole for the ball joint stud drilled straight down at the rear through the eccentric. The eccentric I removed from my car has the hole for the ball joint stud drilled at an angle. The top of the hole starts at the rear of the eccentric and exits about the middle of the bottom of the eccentric, putting the ball joint stud at an angle to the top of the spindle. The new eccentrics would have the ball joint stud exit the spindle straight down at the rear of the spindle.

The eccentrics I removed from the car would change the camber when steering the car, especially through curves. The new eccentrics would keep the camber as it was set with the wheels straight.

Does anyone know which style eccentric is the correct one Cadillac used when building the car?

Thanks,
David
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille