News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Elvis 1955 Black Cadillac Limousine

Started by Charles D. Barnette, October 12, 2007, 05:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles D. Barnette

Does anyone out there have first hand knowledge and proof that Elvis Presley ever really owned a 1955 black Cadillac Series 75 Limousine? Any pictures? Thanks, Charles D. Barnette

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Charlie:

He did own one.  Check this website for info and pictures of all the "King's"
Cadillacs.  You'll find the '55 limo there.

http://elviscadillacs.tripod.com/

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Charles D. Barnette

Thanks Mike. I have looked at that information, but Elvis Enterprises Inc. (the ones who own the Elvis Presley name and the ones who speak for the Presley Estate) say that they have no record of such ownership. They say Vernon Presley (father of Elvis) who kept records housed at Graceland makes no mention of the car. However in looking at our database, Yann shows under the Elvis category a small picture of what may be a 55 Limo Cadillac, black in color; but the person standing by the car does not really look like Elvis and has no sideburns. Remember the 54 Limo and the 55 Limo have the same side chrome. There is no in depth explanation to locate where or when the picture was taken or any other explanation to help identify. What is the origin of the picture? It is an enigma. Perhaps Yann has the answer! Charles D. Barnette

veesixteen

I have no recollection where that Database photo of Elvis' black "75" limo came from. So much has been written about the King and so many photos published that I'm guessing it was from a book or article about his life. As I recall, in the earliest months of his exploding career, he and the Jordanaires used such large, Cadillac limousines to get around from one gig to another. Whether they were ever titled to the King is a moot point. I, for one, would not presume to argue with the records held at Graceland.  Your best bet: thumb through as many "Presley" books and magazines you can gat a hold of; you'll certainly find that snapshot in there.

Quote from: Charles D. Barnette on October 13, 2007, 05:22:10 PM
Thanks Mike. I have looked at that information, but Elvis Enterprises Inc. (the ones who own the Elvis Presley name and the ones who speak for the Presley Estate) say that they have no record of such ownership. They say Vernon Presley (father of Elvis) who kept records housed at Graceland makes no mention of the car. However in looking at our database, Yann shows under the Elvis category a small picture of what may be a 55 Limo Cadillac, black in color; but the person standing by the car does not really look like Elvis and has no sideburns. Remember the 54 Limo and the 55 Limo have the same side chrome. There is no in depth explanation to locate where or when the picture was taken or any other explanation to help identify. What is the origin of the picture? It is an enigma. Perhaps Yann has the answer! Charles D. Barnette
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Eric S. Maypother #15104

Hi All,
I know I've seen a picture of Elvis sitting in the drivers seat or standing next to drivers door of a 55 Limo, it may even have been in some Elvis trading cards I had, I kept the ones with Cadillac's and sold the rest.
I also remember reading about Elvis and his band mates using the limo for driving them and thier equipment to gigs, I even read that Elvis would carry chickens in the back of the Limo. The 1 that was auctioned said they had pictures of Elvis with it, you would think they would have included 1 in the ad.

On a similiar note, on an episode of The Andy Griffith Show a traveling band came to town in about a 55 Caddy limo and had their instruments on a long roof rack,
Eric :)
Eric :)
1990 Cadillac Brougham