News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

chromer needed-anywhere in the country is ok

Started by Brett, October 15, 2007, 02:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett

Hey folks,

I need a chromer for some bicycle parts from the 1920's. I am fed up with my local guys and I would frankly rather UPS small parts anyway (way less time for me....). I am looking for a chromer that can put down the best, i.e., no pits, trash, just 100% pefrection. This is a serious project. Reliability is a must, I have lost parts in chome shops before and these parts are not replaceable.

harry s

Brett, I have had good luck with The Finishing Touch (http://www.thefinishingtouchinc.com/) in Chicago. They did restoration and replating on some diecast pieces and they turned out great. The price was reasonable for their quality of work. Good Luck. Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Quote from: Brett on October 15, 2007, 02:25:25 PM
Hey folks,

I need a chromer for some bicycle parts from the 1920's. I am fed up with my local guys and I would frankly rather UPS small parts anyway (way less time for me....). I am looking for a chromer that can put down the best, i.e., no pits, trash, just 100% pefrection. This is a serious project. Reliability is a must, I have lost parts in chome shops before and these parts are not replaceable.

Brett:

I can recommend two shops, both whom I've used and both do excellent work.

Graves Plating in Florence, Alabama (256) 764-9487 and Paul's Chrome Plating in
Evans City, PA. (1-800-245-8679).

Neither one ever "lost" anything for me and the quality is excellent.
Neither is cheap, but there is no such thing as "cheap" and "excellent" as
far as plating.  The EPA put most of the fly by night guys out of business.

Both run a monthly ad in Hemming's.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

LBF

Matthew Taylor

homeonprunehill

10-15-07
Britt, I have used two re-chromers in Portland, OR I will not reccomend one because he sends everthing to Mexico.
The other one is; OREGON PLATING.Located at: 436 SE 6th Avenue  PORTLAND, OR 97214 Ph.#503-232-3543
If you call, Ask for GARY. The Co. is owned by a lady and Gary is the head man. He does Farm-out piceses that need re-pairing prior to re-chroming.
Good Luck,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

G. Nolan

Space coast plating in Melbourne Fl is great They did every piece on my Eldo Brougham and it's beautiful. Look them up on the Web. G. Nolan Titusville Fl
George