News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Repro VIN plate for 1960 Cadillac?

Started by 76eldo, October 25, 2007, 11:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76eldo

Is there a repro VIN plate available for a 1960?

Thanks,

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Mark

Brian,

Are you thinking about the small white oil change/service tag that is screwed into the driver's door jamb and is often lost or damaged or painted over?  I think either McVey's or USA Parts has them available but could be wrong about that.      mcveys.com     usapartssupply.com

OR are you thinking of the body tag riveted to the cowl section when you open the hood?   The body tags can be reproduced IF you provide an original by A.G. Backeast which is located in Colorado.      datatags.com

76eldo

The cowl tag is there.  The oil change tag is there.  There are 2 holes on the driver's side door jamb, where it looks like a small tag should be, and it's been a while, but I think I remember a small VIN tag in that spot on other cars.

I purchased the car, have the title, but can't find a VIN number, which I should have checked for when I bought it.  I needed to move fast, because there were a bunch of people trying to get the car.

It's a barn fresh 1960 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible with Tri-Power, Air Conditioning, Air Ride, Power windows, locks, vents, trunk.

I am cleaning it up now, and hoping to have it running soon.  It's been sitting for about 20 years!  A long forgotten about, former show car, that was in bad storage, but is ALL there, and can be brought back, and will be.

Thanks,

Brian

PS...Also looking for repro trunk and fender letters, a couple are missing.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa

1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Mark

Quote from: 76eldo on October 26, 2007, 06:56:09 AM

I purchased the car, have the title, but can't find a VIN number, which I should have checked for when I bought it.  I needed to move fast, because there were a bunch of people trying to get the car.

Brian

The VIN is on the left frame rail in the engine compartment.  You will have to use a flashlight and look close for it - might need to clean up/degrease a bit to be able to read.

Quentin Hall

G'day Brian from Oz,
                If you are talking about the 2 holes on the hinge side of the drivers door then these are a legacy of 59 and 60 GM body sharing. I had a 60 Chev that had a tag there but there's no tag on my 59's or 60 Cads , but the holes are there. Also If your car has no autronic eye you can also see the 3 dimples to drill out if you decide to fit it. Dimples are also on all 59 60 floor pans for bucket seat brackets despite very few cars having this option. There are many other examples which I wont go into now. But kind of interesting if you have nothing better to do.   
                If you have the oil change tag on the lock side of the drivers door then the vin should be on that. 
                  Regards .Quentin Hall. Australia

76eldo

Thank you for the responses.  I will take another look.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa

1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv