News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

365 Cadillac engine with Air verses non Air

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, October 27, 2007, 09:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

The engine in my 57 Cadillac is tired , it is a non air engine from a 1956 Cadillac. i have the opotunity to purchase a 1957 engine with The Air Condition Option . My question is will this engine have the same bolt holes to accommodate my oil filter . I have noticed that engine with air have the oil filter on the drivers side of the engine. Will i have any other problems if i use  this engine . My plan is to have the 57 engine with air rebuilt and install it in my non air car . any advice will be appreciated  Thanks Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

G. Nolan

Bill I would say you would be ok I have a and Eldo Brougham and my filter is in the block but would have a hard time beleiving Cadillac would alter there basic 365 from 56 to 57.As you know the AC compressor is located on the passengers side so no problem there. I would say go for it and have fun. G Nolan
George