News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Savannah GN First Place Award Badges? Need Advice.

Started by Bill Podany #19567, October 29, 2007, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Quote from: Johnny F #662 on November 04, 2007, 08:58:29 PM

With my award, I received a certificate and form letter.

Johnny,

That surely is a collector's item with the name Cadilaac mis-spelled.  ;)
Sort of like a coin or stamp with an error. 

Jeff Hansen

John,

It is interesting that you received a certificate along with your form letter.  I only received the form letter.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Bill Podany #19567

Quote from: Johnny F #662 on November 04, 2007, 08:58:29 PM
Quote from: Bill Podany #19567 on November 04, 2007, 12:19:25 PM
Quote from: Lars Kneller 8246 on November 04, 2007, 10:43:47 AM
I will take the subject to the Board meeting.  It sounds like a good idea to me.

Lars Kneller
Chair, Long Range Planning
Lars, this sounds like a very reasonable change in the clubs policy regarding those Cadillac's who have achieved the highest award as a Senior Winner.  For example, the plaque stays with the car; how does the owner prove that his car holds a Senior Winner status in the CLC.  I have no letter from club officials regarding this achievement; this is common practice in the CCCA and the AACA, and these records remain in my permanent files on the car.  Carl Steig has provided me with a summary of the Judging Synopsis for both the primary win in Des Moines and the senior win in Savannah.  This is the only proof I have gotten for the the senior win that stays with the car as the trophy may remain on my mantel if the car is sold.  Hope this helps.

Bill Podany
Johnny,

I may have confused you; I too received a certificate, a form letter, and a plaque to be attached to the car when the Cadillac took its first place award in the primary class.  The car then is labled a Senior Car by the CLC.  My commentary on this forum is only concerned with the same Cadillac winning a first place as a Senior Car, and advancing to the status of a Senior Winner.  The owner of Senior Winner cars receive a nice trophy for one's mantle piece, but it receives no placque to be attached to the car authenticating its advanced status as a Senior Winner, nor does the owner receive a letter and a certificate validating the coveted status of a Senior Winner.  In short, the owner has no recordation of this advanced achievement by the CLC.  I hope this clarifys the confusion.

Bill Podany

With my award, I received a certificate and form letter.
1941 60 Special Fleetwood
1955 Eldorado