News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1965 convertible door trim colour

Started by Ian clc#20080, November 02, 2007, 10:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian clc#20080

Hi folks,

My '65 is in the paint shop and will soon ( I hope!) be going to the trim shop. I have obtained the correct red leather from Jenkins ( in fact is was back in 1999 - my wife is pleased that it is no longer on the floor in our family room!) and selected matching vinyl as well as carpet.  I know that the top of the dash is dark red to match the carpet, however I am not so sure about the sun shades or the tops of the door trims.

I have a pair of sun shades which are dark red, and I have seen convertibles which have the tops of the door trims also dark red. But on page V-1 section B Doors the authenticity manual says "vinyl trim on the upper thirds, and the color matches the interior" and page V-4 Top, top bows, headliner, sunshades "Sunshades were vinyl covered and were the same color as the seats"

Please also see a current Ebay listing for a 1965 coupe http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-DeVille-DTS-Show-Car-j6162827_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6146QQihZ015QQitemZ250181306830QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
which clearly shows the top of the door trim and wind lacing to be the same colour as the dash.

Can anybody clarify the issue for me? I would like to make sure that the interior of my car is as authentic as possible.

Regards,  Ian.

Warren Rauch

Is your car trim code 388? This is the code for 65 Deville conv red interior. The 65 optionial spec. book  lists seats(all parts),doors (all parts except upper belt), and Center and lower instrument Panel as red. Carpets and instrument panel TOP ( including doors and rear quarter belt line,radio speaker grill,Confort control sensor) as dark red. As for sun visors " On special two-tone upholstery combinations, the sun shades will match the bolster color."  The bolster is the outer leather part of the seat. If you would like a copy of these pages email me your postal address. Warren

Ian clc#20080

Warren,

Yes indeed my trim code is 388.  I have sent email.

Thanks and regards,  Ian.