News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

What belongs on the door sill of a 1941 Cadillac Series 63?

Started by Jeff Kay CLC#7630, November 03, 2007, 01:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Kay CLC#7630

I own a 1941 Cadillac Series 63 sedan.  What belongs on the front door sills (concealed running boards)?  The driver's door has a piece of rubber mat while the passenger side has nothing.  I've seen the metal sill plates for Series 60, 61, and 62, but none seem to fit my car.  If there is supposed to be rubber there, what does it look like?  Where can I purchase it?  Steele does not show anything for it in their catalog.

Any help or photos would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Kay
jkshadow2@yahoo.com

GREG 18360

JEFF I HAVE A MODEL 63 IT HAS  CONCEALED RUNNING BOARDS, THICK RIBBED RUBBER,  THE RIBS RUN PARALLEL WITH THE CAR.THE BACK DOORS HAVE THE SAME. I HAVE NOT SEEN REPRODUCTION SILL PLATES FOR THE 63 OR 61 ONLY THE 62 MODEL.
              GREG

Barry M Wheeler #2189

The ones on a Series 61 four door will be much easier to find and will be the same. If your others are in good shape, you may have to "bite the bullet" and get a replacement from one of the dealers in used 1941 parts such as Cadillacs of the Forties and Fifties, or Charlie Babcock. Marty Watkins of PA (In your Directory) restored a Series 61 four door and may have one to spare. It is also possible that both of the front door ones are the same, making your quest half as difficult. If worse comes to worse, you could also get one from the corresponding Buick Special/Century sedans, or ditto the "B" bodied Olds and Pontiac. Sorry, I don't know the model designations for the Olds and Pontiac. They will be the fastback models. And again, four doors, NOT two doors. The other car lines might not be quite the same, but they will fit, and you might luck out and have two different judges...One on one side of the car, etc, etc. I can't remember whether or not Metro Molded Parts redid these or not. Good luck.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville