News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'55 Coupe DeVille Restoration Info

Started by njones, November 04, 2007, 07:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njones

Looking for information on restoring the trunk on my '55 Coupe DeVille. The car color is Cobalt Blue and the top is Cape Ivory. Need info or pics as to what type of carpeting was used, color of the trunk cardboard, bumper jack mounting. There are two small holes at the forward end of the spare tire well and 2 more the rear just to the right of the well. ( see pic, also included is a shot of the completed chassis )

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nigel Jones/'66 Coupe DeVille, '55 Coupe DeVille

Nigel

B. Como # 21042

Talk with Jenkin's Restorations in N. Wilksboro, NC.   Hill or Lewis Jenkins are fellow members as Lewis won a senior award at this year's Grand National in one of his many - 50's caddys.  They just finished a trunk kit in my 53 Eldo and the work was excellent at a fair price...  He should be able to match the exact fabric and make the correct trunk boards.

Regards,
Brady

njones

Thx to both for the info, willtry Jenkins tomorrow re carpeting etc.
Nigel

James Mundstock

Your frame and engine photo looks great. I have a question on your trunk. Is the flat part of your trunk floor flat if you set a straight edge on it from front to rear? I can't tell from your photo. I have a '55 and my trunk floor has a crown upward but to add to that my gas tank is all bent. I think when I had it shipped to me, it was dammaged putting it on the trailer or the previous owner had damaged it. I am thinking the damaged to the tank bent my floor upward to crown the floor. I want to straighten the floor flat but I want conformation it is suppose to be flat. To answer your original question, Jenkins has a complete trunk kit with side boards and all. They have done many award winning Cadillacs so they know what the correct colors are suppose to be.

njones

Quote from: James Mundstock on November 04, 2007, 09:33:12 PM
Your frame and engine photo looks great. I have a question on your trunk. Is the flat part of your trunk floor flat if you set a straight edge on it from front to rear? I can't tell from your photo. I have a '55 and my trunk floor has a crown upward but to add to that my gas tank is all bent. I think when I had it shipped to me, it was dammaged putting it on the trailer or the previous owner had damaged it. I am thinking the damaged to the tank bent my floor upward to crown the floor. I want to straighten the floor flat but I want conformation it is suppose to be flat. To answer your original question, Jenkins has a complete trunk kit with side boards and all. They have done many award winning Cadillacs so they know what the correct colors are suppose to be.

James, the trunk in my '55 has a slight crown to conform to the gas tank, this is stock. Thx for the info on Jenkins, will contact them.

Nigel
Nigel