News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Questions on a 1963 Cadillac

Started by cmacfar63, November 06, 2007, 03:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmacfar63

I recently purchased a 63 Series 62 Coupe and looking for a good place where I can see where everything is suppose to go on the car.  It came with a trunk full of chorme pieces and other bits and I can't figure out where everything goes.  Does the shop manual have a parts schematic of the car or maybe is there a site with detailed pictures of the inside and outside of the car so I can try and visually match up where everything is going. 

I spent last weekend polishing all the pieces and now want to put it back on the car through the winter.  Thanks for you help.

Chris
Chris

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Chris,

Sounds like you have a Jigsaw Puzzle on your hands.

But, seriously, with good pictures, and the Workshop Manual in hand, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out which pieces go where.   Just don't try and force anything into a shape that it isn't meant to be.

The Shop Manual will have a section showing what the pieces are called with a diagram of the car from the Firewall back, but won't actually show the pieces off the car.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

1964deville

Hello Chris,

Try posting some pics of the parts on the website specifically for '63 and '64 Cadillacs: http://www.6364cadillac.com/

I'm sure we're able to help you out!

Also, keep in mind the things Bruce said.

Best regards,

Luc
Luc Reintjes
The Netherlands
1964 Six Window Sedan Deville
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3105/3204734316_2df2ba30a8_b.jpg