News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Standard Shocks and Struts for '98 Concours?

Started by Scott Bard, November 06, 2007, 05:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Bard

I have a mechanic who says you can replace the ride sensor shocks and struts on a '98 Concours with standard ones, but can't find a listing for it.  Anyone out there done it or know what to use?

Thanks,
Scott

TJ Hopland

When I had a 95 I was told that GM had a kit that replaced the air shocks that included some sort of cable or something to make the dash light go out.  It was more than I wanted to spend and the car rode fine so I just got used to 'service air ride' on the dash all the time.   I ended up trading in the car so I never researched it further.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Scott Bard

Thanks TJ

I know about the kit, it's what shocks to use I can't find.

TJ Hopland

A little quality time on the net turned up this:

http://www.strutmasters.com/catalog.php?cat=40#*CAD-R4NS

I got onto them from Oriley Autoparts site, they listed them as a special order item.

Let us know if you try them and how it works out.  Looks like they have stuff for a bunch of cars.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Scott Bard

Hey TJ, thanks for the effort!  I didn't have a clue how to search on it.  Let you know how it goes.