News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillacs and Marriage

Started by Qaanik, December 26, 2007, 02:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guidematic

Good thread.

When I first met my wife, I was just starting my apprenticeship and I was taking the bus to work. I had an old beater '66 Impala I was fixing up. I finally got it on the road and we had wheels. I had next to no money, and did what I could with what I had.

But she knew I was a car fanatic, and even then I had a bent to Cadillacs. Cars have always been a big part of both our lives.

I brought my '70 Fleetwood home from the dealer where I worked, and I really wanted it, and I could actually afford it. I was expecting a bit of resistance, but she said go for it. I have had that car now for almost 15 years. And I will always have it.

She has always loved big cars, her forst car was a '70 Olds Delta 88 Royale with a 455. She loved it. But I bought her her first Cadillac in 1995, an '84 Coupe deVille. She then got an '86 Fleetwood Brougham which was recently stolen and now she has an almost identical '89 Brougham. She will never drive anything but a Cadillac now.

Look what happens when you spoil them.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69

Stampie

Misty doesn't know about this thread but today she asked when she could drive the 60 again.  I guess there's nothing like driving a Cadillac.

Stampie
If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.  ~Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobediance, 1849

If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.  ~Louis D. Brandeis