News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

black spots on leahter seats

Started by wilson, November 24, 2007, 07:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilson

I have black spots on my seats, I would like to remove them without harming the leather. I have a 1984 Eldo Convt. The Eldo is covered through out the winter and kept outside (no garage). I start it and run the heater on high while driving it for about 10 miles during the winter months, in the summer should I leave the Caddy uncover? All adviced is needed. ???

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Quote from: wilson on November 24, 2007, 07:15:45 PM
I have black spots on my seats, I would like to remove them without harming the leather. I have a 1984 Eldo Convt. The Eldo is covered through out the winter and kept outside (no garage). I start it and run the heater on high while driving it for about 10 miles during the winter months, in the summer should I leave the Caddy uncover? All adviced is needed. ???

It sounds like your're getting mold / mildew spots from moisture.  Covering a car
and keeping it outsude presents a host of problems, among those are holding moisture
in the car with the windows up and the cover on -- theis leaves the mold / mildew
gremlins a good chance to do their work.

A good cleaner and a leather restorer is what you need.  Try the Lexol brand products.
they are among the best I found.  Good luck,
Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Richard

'Crack' the windows a little while it is covered/uncovered. This will help even out the temps and reduce the amount of time condensation is in the car. Most of these cars have a good roof 'lip' or rain gutter that just opening it slightly will not allow rain in (especially when covered).