News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Similarities with the '72 Eldorado and other '72 Cadillacs

Started by The Tassie Devil(le), November 28, 2007, 06:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day all,

As you can see by my Avitar, I own a 1972 Eldorado Convertible, and I was wondering if anybody out there in this lovely World of ours, and beyond, might know what parts will interchange between the 1972 Eldorado and the other 1972 Cadillac range of cars.   Oh, and not forgetting the '71 and '73 versions as well.

I realise that there is a VAST difference between the Front Wheel Drive Cadillacs and the Rear Wheel Drive versions, but I am after some items that might just be applicable to both styles.   This might just spread my searching for wanted parts.

The areas of concern are in the Dashboard area, Front Seat 6 way mechanisms for the 40/60 seat, and anything else that might fit.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce, >:D

PS.   There are none here in Tasmania that I can compare with, and my car is still in USA, in Winter Storage..
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

John Morris #23947

Hi Bruce. It sounds like you need a Master Parts List covering those years. Mine are 1930-1969, no help. I don't think I'll ever do that new of Caddys, and won't fork out the 70-80 clams, but if you own that 73, maybe a wise purchase.
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Brucie, the 1971 and 1972 Eldorados are nearly the same. You should get a Master Parts Book, as suggested, especially in your location. Our EX VP, Lars Kneller is doing a 1972 Eldo at present, and can always be counted on to help. Good luck.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville