News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

57 Caddy firewall blister (aka air duct covers) gaskets

Started by John Maglia CLC#23063, April 25, 2008, 11:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Maglia CLC#23063

I am beginning the reassembly phase of the restoration of my 57 CdV and need the rubber gaskets for the air duct covers for my heater and A/C units. I also need the drain hoses that mount to these units. (For clarification, these blisters mount to the firewall on the left and right side. The left side blister for the heater has the vehicle information tag on top and the brake booster mounted to it. The right side blister for the A/C unit has the A/C blower mounted to it)
Does anyone know of a source for these gaskets? Or does anyone know of a source for the rubber gasket material so I could make my own? I tried Steele and Rubber the Right way with no luck.

Many thanks for any info you can provide.

John Maglia

John Maglia

homeonprunehill

Quote from: John Maglia CLC#23063 on April 25, 2008, 11:04:31 PM
I am beginning the reassembly phase of the restoration of my 57 CdV and need the rubber gaskets for the air duct covers for my heater and A/C units. I also need the drain hoses that mount to these units. (For clarification, these blisters mount to the firewall on the left and right side. The left side blister for the heater has the vehicle information tag on top and the brake booster mounted to it. The right side blister for the A/C unit has the A/C blower mounted to it)
Does anyone know of a source for these gaskets? Or does anyone know of a source for the rubber gasket material so I could make my own? I tried Steele and Rubber the Right way with no luck.

John Maglia
[/quote

04-25-08
John, have you  tried "Metro Rubber Products"? They may be able to help. Good Luck,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

John Maglia CLC#23063

Quote from: homeonprunehill on April 26, 2008, 12:55:08 AM
Quote from: John Maglia CLC#23063 on April 25, 2008, 11:04:31 PM

John Maglia
[/quote

04-25-08
John, have you  tried "Metro Rubber Products"? They may be able to help. Good Luck,JIM

Thanks, Jim. I'll try them on Monday. Regards, John

John Maglia