News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Series 62?

Started by jcarlson, September 26, 2015, 07:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcarlson

I am looking for door trim pieces for a 1947 Cadillac. I found one for sale that is for a 1947 Series 62 Cadillac. I do not know if mine is a Series 62 or not, and I am not sure what the difference is. Does anyone know if there are dimension differences I need to be aware of?

Bill Young

Hello , Please post the information located on the aluminum body tag located on your Cadillac's firewall and then we can answer your question.

jcarlson

This a custom build and the firewall and motor compartment have been changed. I do not have that tag in my shop, do you know of any other ways to tell?

Bobby B

Quote from: jcarlson on September 26, 2015, 07:18:58 PM
This a custom build and the firewall and motor compartment have been changed. I do not have that tag in my shop, do you know of any other ways to tell?

How about posting a few pictures?  ;)
                                        Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Tito Sobrinho

If the car doesn't have the body tag, measure its wheelbase.

A 1947 model 62 has a 129" wheelbase versus the 61 with a 126" wheelbase.
( Roy Schneider...Cadillacs of the Forties)

Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.