News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Couple of Cadillacs at Detroit Autorama

Started by rwchatham CLC 21892, February 28, 2020, 05:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwchatham CLC 21892

A  56 and a 59 at this years Detroit Autorama , the 56 is one a finalist for the Riddler award .
R. Waligora

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

J. Skelly

'56 was the first 4-door hardtop Cadillac, so maybe it's a '56 with '55 quarter panels.

I wonder how large the wheels are on the '59?
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

rwchatham CLC 21892

One thing I have noticed over the years at shows like the Autorama is that the higher quality cars use very little signage , advertising boards etc , compared to the lower quality cars that tend to overdue it with 4 foot display story boards etc , seems like the higher quality builds let the cars do the the talking but the lower end cars feel the need for extra attention .
R. Waligora

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Ray when you can, please post some more pictures...

I've told myself that's it's going to be impossible to fine the convertible top frame for my 1939.....but I know your pictures will show anything can be fabricated and anything is possible...

Mike

Mike
Baillargeon

rwchatham CLC 21892

Mike it’s amazing what the heavy hitters can fab up . Like they say it only takes time and money lol . I needed a speedo bezel for the Dual Ghia which finding is almost impossible  so I had a guy machine one out of brass , chrome it up and problem solved . The hardest part about making your top I believe would be having the patterns for it .
R. Waligora

Mike Baillargeon #15848

And there in is the problem, the patterns I need are attached to a hand full of cars....There has to be a way....it only takes time and money, oh boy!.....

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

rwchatham CLC 21892

Mike can you at least get some pics ? You might have to track down one of those owners and go take some measurements and drawings , the arms should mostly be flat steel ?
R. Waligora