News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Road trip sight

Started by Skwerly62, August 20, 2020, 12:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skwerly62

Saw this blue coupe on the way home from NC in Georgetown DE Last weekend on Rt 113 if this is anyone here? Was following a beautiful maroon 48 Packard Convertible. 👍🇺🇸
1958 Extended Deck 62 Sedan SOLD
1960 Coupe - current project
USCG Vet - Fly CG!

Lexi

Nice. Always a rare treat to see our old Caddies out in the wild. Clay/Lexi

chrisntam

Good fun stuff right there.

8)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Cadman-iac

Wish that was me in my car enjoying a cruise. It's nice to see that out there.  Need more like it out there.
Thanks for posting.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Lexi

Hopefully soon, a CLC member will get a shot of you driving your Cadillac on a highway Rick. Clay/Lexi

The Tassie Devil(le)

One think I did see when cruising USA in 2002 and 2008, one does not see the older cars being driven on the roads until from Thursday evening till Sunday night.

During the working days, only newer cars, except up in the Northern States where the average age of cars is a lot older.

Whilst crossing the Golden Gate Bridge  photographed a 60's Ford Galaxie with vinyl roof strips, flapping in the breeze.   Tho driver appeared to not care that the cover was disintegrating, and looks like he was simply cutting off bits as they got longer.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Cadman-iac

Quote from: lexi on August 20, 2020, 10:34:06 PM
Hopefully soon, a CLC member will get a shot of you driving your Cadillac on a highway Rick. Clay/Lexi

Well the way things are going lately,  it's gonna be 5 years or more before that's a reality, if I'm lucky.
But thanks for the optimism.

Rick
CLC# 32373

Lexi

That sucks. Hope you have at least one other classic to drive until the '56 is done. When ready for launch, smash a bottle of sacrificial champagne over her bow to mark the blessed event. Clay/Lexi

Cadman-iac

Quote from: lexi on August 21, 2020, 06:06:54 PM
That sucks. Hope you have at least one other classic to drive until the '56 is done. When ready for launch, smash a bottle of sacrificial champagne over her bow to mark the blessed event. Clay/Lexi

I wish that were the case too, but no, nothing else to drive that's a classic,  unless you want to count my 88 Suburban, lol! It's old enough to be considered a classic, and thanks to GM and their Elpo primer, it's got lots of patina, and more peels off every time I drive it.

Rick
CLC# 32373